Purim, the festive Jewish holiday commemorating the deliverance of the Jewish people from a wicked plot, is a time for merriment and celebration. Alongside the traditional customs, such as reading the Megillah and dressing up in costumes, sharing laughter through jokes is a beloved part of the festivities.
In this article, we present a collection of 20+ Purim jokes to tickle your funny bone and bring a smile to your face.
- Why did Queen Esther go on a diet before Purim? She didn’t want to Haman-gorge herself!
- What did the bag of flour say to the matzah? “I knead you!”
- Why did the baker refuse to wear a costume on Purim? He said, “I’m already a bread winner!”
- What’s Haman’s favorite instrument? The “noisemaker”!
- Why did the Purim costume go to the doctor? It had too many “disguises”!
- How do you make a Purim cookie laugh? Tick-le its funny bone!
- Why did the clown go to the Purim party? He heard it was a “jester” celebration!
- What did Haman say when he saw the Megillah? “This story is Megillah-rious!”
- How do you wish someone a happy Purim? “May your day be filled with lots of hamantaschen and laughter!”
- Why did Esther bring her smartphone to the Purim celebration? She wanted to “Megillah-fy” her selfies!
- What did Mordechai say when he won a costume contest on Purim? “I’m on a winning streak-ha!”
- Why did the Purim parade float go to the gym? It wanted to stay “in-float-able”!
- How do you know when a hamantaschen is happy? It’s smiling from “ear” to “ear”!
- Why did the grape juice dress up as a superhero for Purim? It wanted to become a “super-grape”!
- What’s a hamantaschen’s favorite song? “I’m Filling Good” by Haman Sinatra!
- What did the Purim cookies say to the tray? “You’re the perfect host for our dough-mestic gathering!”
- Why did the Purim partygoer bring a ladder? They wanted to “raise the bar” on celebrations!
- What did Haman say when he couldn’t find his costume for the Purim party? “It’s a real Haman-disguise!”
- How did Esther save the day? She put her “crown” abilities to good use!
- Why did the Purim celebration become a dance party? They couldn’t resist the urge to “jig-Grogger”!
- Why did Haman never win a game of poker? Because he always had a “tell” in his evil grin!
- What do you call a Purim celebration that takes place underwater? A “Megalilah”!
Laughter and joy are essential elements of Purim, and sharing jokes is a wonderful way to spread happiness during this festive time.
We hope these Purim jokes have brought a smile to your face and added to the lightheartedness of the holiday. Remember to share these jokes with your friends and family to make their Purim celebration even more delightful!
What is Purim?
Purim is a Jewish holiday that commemorates the deliverance of the Jewish people from a plot to destroy them, as recorded in the Book of Esther.
Why is laughter important during Purim?
Laughter is an integral part of Purim, symbolizing the triumph of joy over despair. It helps create a festive atmosphere and brings people together in celebration.
Can I share these jokes at a Purim party?
Absolutely! These jokes are meant to be shared and enjoyed during Purim gatherings. They add a touch of humour and lightness to the festivities.
Are these jokes suitable for children?
Yes, these jokes are family-friendly and appropriate for all ages. They are designed to bring smiles to everyone’s faces, including children.