Star Trek, with its bold exploration of the final frontier, has also given us a universe of humor. From Captain Kirk’s legendary one-liners to Spock’s logical jests, the Star Trek franchise has inspired countless jokes and witty quips.
In this article, we’ll warp into the galaxy of laughter with a collection of Star Trek-themed jokes that even Klingons can’t resist.
Read More: Jokes About Overwatch
Star Trek Jokes
- Why don’t Vulcans ever play hide and seek? Because good luck hiding when you can’t suppress your emotions.
- What’s Captain Kirk’s favorite dance? The warp shuffle.
- Why did the Borg go to therapy? They had too many assimilation issues.
- How many ears does Captain Picard have? Three: a left ear, a right ear, and the final front ear.
- Why did Worf bring a ladder to the holodeck? He heard the drinks were on the house.
- How do you comfort a scared Redshirt? Tell them statistically they’re unlikely to die today.
- Why don’t Starfleet officers ever get lost? Because they always follow their Spock navigation.
- What’s a Klingon’s favorite fruit? War-iorange.
- What’s Captain Kirk’s favorite kind of music? Rock ‘n’ Roll!
- How do you know you’ve upset a Klingon? They start Klingon-ing about it.
- Why did Data apply for a job at the bakery? He wanted to make some “fully functional” pastries.
- What do you call a Romulan who loves to garden? A Tho’rha-kist.
- Why don’t Ferengi play hide and seek? Because they’re always after the rules of acquisition.
- What’s the Ferengi’s favorite card game? Poker, because they can “raise” their profits.
- Why did Geordi La Forge become an engineer? Because he had an eye for detail.
- Why did the chicken cross the galaxy? To get to the other Enterprise.
- What did Dr. McCoy say when he found the coffee machine empty? “Dammit, Jim! I’m a doctor, not a barista!”
- Why did the Borg assimilate the baker’s shop? They wanted to achieve pastry perfection.
- Why did Odo refuse to play cards with the crew? Because he couldn’t stand their poker faces.
- What’s a Klingon’s favorite dish? Worf-les.
- How many ears does a Ferengi have? Three: a left ear, a right ear, and a final front ear for profit.
- Why don’t they tell ghost stories on the Enterprise? Because it’s all about “boo”-ring new civilizations.
- Why do Starfleet admirals make terrible comedians? Because they can’t resist the urge to “ad-mire” their own jokes.
- Why did the Bajoran take a job as a DJ? They heard that spinning records was a way to earn orbs of wisdom.
- What’s Captain Sisko’s favorite breakfast cereal? “Captain Crunch-o!”
Read More: Jokes About Steve Harvey
Funny Star Trek One-Liners
- Why don’t Andorians ever use hairdryers? Because they have their own built-in antenna.
- Why did the Cardassian bring a ladder to the library? To check out the high-level information.
- Why did the tribble apply for a job in the ship’s bar? It wanted to work in a “spirited” environment.
- What’s the Ferengi’s favorite type of investment? A “quark”y one.
- Why did the Vulcan apply for a job as a stand-up comedian? To explore humor logically.
- What’s a Ferengi’s favorite dance move? The Profit Pivot.
- Why did Seven of Nine open a bakery on the ship? Because resistance is futile when it comes to freshly baked goods.
- What’s a Klingon’s favorite holiday? Black Friday – they love a good battle for bargains.
- Why did Scotty never attend Starfleet Academy parties? He couldn’t handle too much “beam”-erang.
- What’s the best way to find a lost Klingon? Just check the bloodwine cellar.
- What did the Cardassian chef say about the replicated food? “It’s a masterpiece of culinary mediocrity!”
- Why did the Klingon refuse to go to the opera? Because it wasn’t “Klingon enough.”
- What’s a Ferengi’s favorite game show? “The Price Is Right… for Profit!”
- Why was Captain Janeway always calm under pressure? Because she had “Kes” to help her.
- Why did the Ferengi start a fashion line? Because they believed in the Rule of Acquisition: “Fashion is profit!”
- What’s the most logical fruit? Spock-berries.
- Why did the Tribble bring a pillow to work? It wanted to take a “comfortable” nap during the endless meetings.
- Why did the Klingon bring a backpack to the battle? For his “war chest.”
- Why did the Bajoran invite the crew to the art gallery? To showcase their “orb-tistic” talent.
- Why did Picard become a gardener on the holodeck? He wanted to “engage” with nature.
- Why was Odo always a hit at karaoke night? Because he could shape-shift into any singer.
- What’s a Klingon’s favorite mobile app? “Warrior Chat.”
- Why did Worf refuse to use the elevator? He wanted to take the “stairway to honor.”
- What’s a Ferengi’s favorite kind of sandwich? A “profit-eroni” pizza sub.
- Why did the Holodeck malfunction during the comedy show? It couldn’t handle all the “virtual” laughter.
- What’s the Ferengi’s favorite planet? “Ear-th,” of course!
- Why was the Klingon chef fired from the restaurant? He kept “disrupting” the kitchen.
- Why did the Ferengi refuse to play hide and seek? Because they wanted to stay visible for potential customers.
- Why did Q visit the crew on April Fools’ Day? Because he couldn’t resist a “Q-razy” prank.
- Why did the Cardassian become a motivational speaker? They were great at “card-assuaging” doubts.
Read More: Jokes About Undertale
Best Star Trek Jokes
- What’s a Ferengi’s favorite computer game? “Rules of Acquisition: Galactic Gold Edition.”
- Why did the Bajoran go to the dentist? To have their “Orb-ital hygiene” checked.
- Why did Captain Picard become a painter? He loved to “make it so” on canvas.
- What’s a Klingon’s favorite place in the house? The “bat’h”room.
- Why did the Ferengi open a lemonade stand? Because they knew “lemons” could be quite profitable.
- Why did the Andorian refuse to play chess? Too many “chess-knots” to figure out.
- What’s Captain Sisko’s favorite board game? “Settlers of Deep Space Nine.”
- Why was the Vulcan chef a master of molecular gastronomy? Because their dishes were always “logically delicious.”
- Why did the Ferengi become a weatherman? They had a knack for predicting “fair windfalls.”
- What’s a Klingon’s favorite kind of gardening? “War-den design.”
- Why did Dr. Bashir become a therapist? He wanted to “cure” people with his charm.
- What’s the Ferengi’s favorite time of day? “Profit o’clock.”
- Why did the Klingon bring a broom to the bridge? To “sweep” the galaxy clean of enemies.
- Why did the Ferengi open a bakery on the Enterprise? To make some serious dough!
- Why did the Starfleet officer bring a ladder to the bar? Because they heard the drinks were out of this world.
Laughter truly is the universal language, and Star Trek’s wit transcends the boundaries of time and space. These jokes are a testament to the enduring humor of this beloved franchise.
So, whether you’re a Trekkie or just a casual fan, remember that in the vast expanse of the cosmos, there’s always room for a good laugh.
Are there any Star Trek-themed comedy shows or episodes?
Yes, Star Trek has featured humorous moments in various series and even had an entire comedy-focused episode titled “The Outrageous Okona” in “Star Trek: The Next Generation.”
Do Star Trek actors enjoy telling jokes about the show?
Many Star Trek actors have embraced the humor surrounding their characters and have shared jokes and anecdotes related to their time in the franchise.
What’s the funniest Star Trek movie or episode?
Humor is subjective, but many fans consider “Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home” to be one of the funniest movies in the franchise.